If your child is charged with a crime, a good juvenile lawyer can help avoid long-term consequences and intrusive probation conditions that affect the whole family.
Children prosecuted in delinquency court are treated differently than adults, but may still be facing:
- Juvenile hall time
- House arrest
- Electronic monitoring
- Fines and fees
- Multiple years on probation
- Search terms that affect the entire family
- Mandated change of schools
- Suspension or delay of their driving privilege
- Firearm restrictions that last to the age of 30
- Mandatory classes
- Restraining orders
- Removal from your home
- Placement in a group home or boot camp
- Enhanced punishment in future criminal cases.
Your child needs a juvenile attorney who will start working immediately to minimize the impact of the courts on your family.
Look no further than the Cohen Defense group for the best juvenile defense attorneys in our local area. As the largest criminal defense firm in Placer County, California with offices in Roseville and Auburn, we have the resources and know-how to help you, your child, and your family.
We serve clients from Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Newcastle, Penryn, Loomis, Auburn, Grass Valley, Nevada City, Yuba City, Sacramento, and more.
Call the Cohen Defense Group now at (530) 823-7700 or (916) 596-2700 or fill out our contact form to request a free consultation with an experienced juvenile attorney. We are here to help.
What You Can Expect from Us
When you hire the Cohen Defense Group you get access to:
- Alison Cohen, the most experienced juvenile criminal defense attorney in Placer County, with 18 years of practice as our primary juvenile defense lawyer.
- Pre-charging representation that can stop the process before your child goes to court.
- Juvenile attorneys trained to fight attempts to transfer your child to adult court.
- Juvenile lawyers adept at communicating with children about complex legal issues so that you and your child understand what is happening at every stage of the proceedings.
- Juvenile criminal defense lawyers who make communicating with clients a priority, so that your child doesn’t face the juvenile justice system alone.
Whatever your child is facing, we will defend them every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions About Juvenile Delinquency
What types of crimes could my child be charged with?
Driving under the influence (DUI)
Driving without a license
Possession of alcohol by a minor
Will a juvenile crime affect my child’s future?
Although many juvenile offenses can be expunged, or sealed, there are some that do not go away.
If your child is charged with a serious or violent felony, they may be subject to the “three strikes” law, which means that their juvenile adjudication will result in increased punishment if they later end up in adult court.
Some juvenile offenses trigger a “transfer hearing,” which means that the District Attorney will ask the judge to move your child to adult court, subjecting your child to the adult criminal court system and the associated punishments.
Our juvenile defense attorneys undergo yearly training specifically aimed at keeping your child out of adult court. We will do everything in our power to minimize the consequences to your child’s future.
How much does a juvenile lawyer cost?
Juvenile attorney fees vary. The Cohen Defense Group believes that everyone deserves rigorous defense at a reasonable price. We typically charge a flat fee for our services so that you know exactly how much you will spend, regardless of the number of court appearances required to bring your child’s case to a satisfactory resolution. Let’s discuss this during your free consultation.
Call the Cohen Defense Group now at (530) 823-7700 or (916) 596-2700 or fill out our contact form to request a free consultation with an experienced juvenile lawyer. We are here to help.
- What You Need to Know About Having Juvenile Records Sealed
- When Can a Juvenile Be Tried as an Adult in California?
- Can a Juvenile be Questioned by Police Without a Parent Present in California?